Half-Blood Vengeance: Reign of Rome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New/Old Meetings

3 posters

Go down

New/Old Meetings Empty New/Old Meetings

Post by Essy Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Kyain stretched, yawning. Her oversized t shirt sagged. She was the only one in the room. Looking over at the books, she considered taking one out and dusting it off, but changed her mind as she spied her guitar. Picking it up, she swung herself onto her bunk and strummed it. She just loved that sound. She liked being alone sometimes, getting a break from the whole feeling-others'-pain thing. Shrugging, she tuned the old guitar. She sang a little, hummed a little--generally just having fun with music. She gradually warmed up, putting more of her heart into the songs.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Kyain Ava
Character Rank: Legionnaire
Cohort: Fifth Cohort

Back to top Go down

New/Old Meetings Empty Re: New/Old Meetings

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:19 pm

((..Anyone?))
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Cain walked into the barracks, he was looking for some lazy camper who had decided to ditch Sentry duty, normally he would let the centurions deal with this kind of problem, except for they seemed to be covering for the guy while he went and lounged around or whatever it was that he did in his off time.
. Then he heard the sound of singing, and assumed somebody had left music on or something, or it could be the idiot he was looking for, probably thinking nobody would miss him on sentry duty.
Cain opened the door to find nobody, except for a girl with a guitar. He vaguely recognized her as somebody who he had seen before, but naturally he had his guard up, as though he could be attacked at any moment. A praetor of Rome had alot of enemies, even ones they didn't even know about. It was always safer to assume anybody could be one of these enemies than to give your trust to somebody who may betray you. "You see a boy named Roger today?" Cain asked the girl.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Terra Bennet
Character Rank: N/A
Cohort: Unaffiliated

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:18 pm

(lol, sorry. I had trouble with my intro.)

Jake darted after the small, lizard-shaped automaton. It scampered into a room. He scowled at it as he chased it. The stupid thing had wiggled out of his pocket and decided to run off on some robo-adventure. He dove as it darted under a desk, just barely missing it. The automaton slipped under a bed. Jake reached under it, trying to grab it. 
"Come back here you metalic piece of crap." He hissed. Suddenly, it darted back out across the room, and Jake tried to back out too quickly and banged his head on the underside of the desk. He tried again, this time without incident, and scowled at where the thing had gone. 
Then he realized someone else was in the room. He froze. 
"Uh..Hi," He said intelligently. "That's a nice song." 
Jake quickly stood up. He looked around, not seeing where the little automaton had scurried off to.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Automaton. Not automation.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Jake Luvolk
Cohort: Fourth Cohort

https://romanhalf-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Kyain heard footsteps outside and stopped mid-note. "Roger? I thought he had sentry duty today." She quickly put aside the guitar. "Hi, Cain." She ignored the voices speaking inside of her. Pain, pain, blah blah blah. She was used to those now. The 13 year old had criss-crossed her legs on the bunk, when a lizard jump-landed on her lap. Breaking into a grin, she looked at Jake. "Hey."
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:54 pm

"He did but the idiot never showed up, so I'm tracking him down." Cain said, then a small robotic lizard jumped into view. Cain the boy, Jake who had apparently been playing a game of 'Catch the robot.' He had caught sight of the boy, who seemed oblivious to his presence. Jake's mild case of idiocy had caused some problems in the past, though usually more for himself than for the legion. Cain decided the boy wasn't a threat at the moment, at least not to anybody other than himself, the way he was chasing his robotic pet.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Kyain got up, sending the lizard slipping back to its owner. She frowned. "There is someone else on sentry duty, right?" Cain was well organized and all, she knew. That was why he was praetor. But still, it never hurt to check. "Because if there isn't, and something comes.." She looked at Cain, waiting for an answer.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 pm

"Did you check the stables?" Jake asked, bending down to retrieve the automaton. "That's a good place to dodge sentry duty." He commented. He picked up the lizard and deactivated it. Then he put it in his pocket. He then realized what he had said. 
"Not that I'd know about that." He added, a bit lamely. "Because sentry duty is important and skipping it is wrong."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 pm

"I made sure the other sentry was somebody more honorable than Roger." Cain said, he made sure to setup the sentry duty schedules so that while everybody still had to do it, no two people likely to skip out would have it at the same time. Of course then Jake said something rather interesting. mentioning the stables, and Cain knew that Jake wasn't a stranger to skipping out on his responsibilities either. half the time being Praetor of Rome seemed to be a glorified babysitting job. "So is that where you disappear to then?" Cain said coldly.  "Oh, and your going to be on sentry for the next week, and I'll personally make sure you are actually there."

Last edited by Axel The Bunny on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:40 pm

I'll help you find a place, Kyain mouthed to Jake, stifling a smile. Always the little sister. Sweet little sister that could kick butt. Clearing her throat, she shook her head and tried to look innocent.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Jake gave Cain a broad grin, a bit sheepish as he was promptly called out. 
"Uh... Yessir," He said. "I'd hate to let you down on such an important duty."  He glanced at Kyain, then quickly back to Cain. She was offering to help find a new place to dodge boring duties like sentry duty, but that definitely should wait a week or two after he was on his forced sentry duty. 
"I'll be sure to be there promptly."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Cain looked at Jake, obviously realizing he would actually be stuck doing the duties that he always seemed to be missing for, at least for a couple weeks till he undoubtedly found a new hiding place. that was usually how these things worked.He took another look at the girl, who he didn't know the name of. She seemed to be showing innocence but Cain figured she was in on something, or maybe it was him being paranoid as always. Either way he still had to find Roger, so Cain began to leave but not before saying to Jake. "If you think that your punishment is extreme, slack off again and you'll join Roger in cleaning out the stables you seem to be so fond of."
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:23 pm

"Don't slack off. Got it," he said immediately. With that, Cain exited stage right. Jake stuck his tongue out at Cain's back like the mature lad he was. There was no way he was cleaning stables. So that meant makes sure Cain doesn't catch him slacking off. He frowned and shook his head in annoyance. Stupid Roger. Why'd he have to be slacking off. Jake hadn't even missed his turn as sentry this month. He then remembered someone else was still in the room with him. 
He looked over at her. 
"Uh, sorry for barging in."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Kyain grinned. "It's fine." Now that one person was out of the room, her heart felt a lot lighter. She frowned. It was only one person and she felt that way? Cain must have had a heck of problems, she thought. "Can I see that lizard again?" she piped up, eyes sparkling.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Jake grinned. "Yeah, of course." 
He dug into his pocket and activated the automaton again. This time he kept the other hand a bit closer to catch it if it decided to run off again. 
"Ta-da!" He said, showing the now active lizard in the palm of his hand. It tilted its head at Kyain and flicked its tail.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 pm

"That's darn cool," Kyain admitted, staring at the lizard. She didn't take her eyes off the little machine. "How on earth do you do that stuff?" Grinning, she plopped down on her bed again.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Jake tilted his head as he tried to remember. 
"Lots of paper clips." He said, with a crooked grin. He just shook his head, deciding he couldn't remember what exactly went into making it. He just sort of went and did it, and any more specific know how was usually beyond people and they just nodded and wanted to move along the conversation. 
The automaton bobbed its head. Jake looked down at it then looked up at Kyain. He put his hand forward some.  "You wanna hold it?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Kyain reached out, the lizard scuttling to her hand. "Don't tell me it's going to blow up in my face," she said, only half-joking. "I'm going to give you nightmares if you do." She grinned.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Jake laughed. "No, I'm pretty sure it won't explode," he assured. "Ninety-five percent certain." He added, mostly joking. He shot her a grin. "Besides, it's too low to explode in your face. It'd just explode in your hands." 

The lizard dropped down to its belly, content to stay there.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Kyain grinned. "Haha, look at it," She grinned even wider. "It's like a tiny dog" She looked at the lizard and back at Jake. "Here, you might want it back now."
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Jake smiled and took back the lizard, then tapped it to deactivate it and put it back in his pocket. The thing had done enough for today, he wasn't going to let it run wild again. 
"So, any particular reason you're sitting here alone?" Jake asked, indicating the room with a broad gesture.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Kyain shrugged. "It gives me less headaches," she said with a grin. "And I feel less crazy, without voices inside my head." She shifted uneasily, wondering if he would think she was really crazy now. "Plus my guitar called me," she added, her grin coming back.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:48 am

Jake's chin had tilted slightly when she mentioned voices in her head. That was a new one. Though he did suppose random voices in a person's head would give them quite the headaches. Then Kyain moved on. 
Jake returned the grin.
"So you're a guitar whisperer?" He said, with an exaggerated enthusiasm. "Maybe you can tell me why I'm so bad at playing."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content